This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Saturday, April 3, 2010

Death

OK, so this isn't what most people enjoy talking or reading about, but as my husband says "you have a 100% chance of dying." Lately I've been thinking about why God chooses to take his saints home and why others stay longer on this earth.

Our church just went through the "One Month to Live" study by Kerry & Chris Shook. During the course of the study one of our church members died while training for a half marathon. He was a fitness guru, and owned a workout facility called Pro Performance, known for grueling boot camps to get into shape. Scott was 48 and left behind a wife and 3 kids. Why Scott? What is God teaching us through this sudden homegoing? Why did Lisa and kids not get the chance to say goodbye?

Today, another young saint went to be with the Lord. Shane was diagnosed with an unknown cancer in November, he was 39. His family has watched him suffer the past few months and prayed for healing. God who can raise people from the dead, and cause the earth tremble could have healed Shane, and He did. It was heavenly healing. It's the family that is left to grieve.

Two godly men, two families to deal with the sudden loss. God chose to take Scott and Shane to glory. Yet, the Trammell family has watched as their mom & wife have suffered with cancer for 8 years. Why is she left here on this earth to suffer? Why hasn't God called her to glory yet? And while we are asking why, why has God blessed my family with good health? My parents are still in relatively good health in their mid-80's.

I don't have answers but I do know the ONE who does. The choir sang an anthem a few weeks ago called "You Can." The composer is Rodney Griffin, and you can listen to a clip of the song here. I pray that the words will encourage those who are struggling.

Sometimes I get caught up in wondering
When my stormy circumstance will end.

Forgetting that the hand I've been holding
is the precious hand of My all knowing friend.

Who sees beyond the veil that I am facing.
Past the unknown mystery to come.
Though I admit I can't see where I'm heading
I'm holding to the only One who does.

You can
explain all the wonder
You can
erase all the fear.
You can
dispel all the darkness
see a new day is dawning just a few miles from here.

When I can't see a purpose or plan
Lord, You can.

As you grieve and mourn cling to this "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment