This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Working Out at The Cage

I have always tried to exercise on a regular basis. Most of the time it includes walking the hills in my neighborhood.  The last few years I have walked at Berry, enjoying the beauty & solitude of the campus. My walks are void of music, just praying. When on campus, I would sometimes stop in at College or Barnwell Chapel.  I might pick up a hymnal and sing, or just read a few chapters from the Word.

This summer Kate & I began going to the Cage to workout. Since Kate spends a lot of time in the pool it's important for her to get some "land work".  She enjoys the various machines at the Cage, and she has taught me how to operate them!  Since school started I have continued going two mornings a week before classes. Kate & I still go on Saturday.

LIKES:

  • it's free because I have a faculty/staff ID!
  • the temperature is always just right
  • variety of machines to aid in my workout
  • Kate is willing to go & it's something we do together - we are in the same room at the same time!
  • clean showers & dressing room
  • getting my heart rate up & feeling good


DISLIKES:

  • when students are on campus it gets crowded - today it was full of baseball players
  • the music they play over the sound system...therefore I plug in my iPod
  • the TV's, I prefer the machines that look out over campus


When I first started I could barely make it 5 minutes on the elliptical, now I can do 30 minutes!  I can bike 6 miles in about 20 minutes.  Kate is a beast, she sets the elliptical on high incline & resistance and goes for strong for 10 minutes.  She can also leg press 300 pounds!

I still walk in the neighborhood a few mornings a week. Last week I even walked on campus before I went in the Cage.  I love my prayer walk time outside in God's creation, but grateful for a beautiful facility to add to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment