This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Friday, December 10, 2010

Vanilla Wreaths Sugar Twists

We refer to these cookies as wreath cookies. The recipe is the same as the chocolate pinwheels with a few minor changes. So, to make this cookie go back to my last post for the ingredients, and follow the remaining directions.

Cut dough in half and add green food coloring to half of the dough. Cover and chill until firm. On a surface sprinkled with sugar, roll the green dough into 5 inch ropes. Repeat with the white dough. Twist the dough together to form a wreath. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. You can use red hots or red icing to give them a holly berry look, but my kids prefer just the wreath.

Tip - this dough is sticky and will require more flour than the recipe calls for, so have it ready.

All the recipes that I have shared are a part of the Christmas tradition at the Nobles. I use them for my Kindermusik, piano and college students. Sometimes my family actually gets to eat them!


No comments:

Post a Comment