This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Monday, December 20, 2010

The Best Birthday!

Did you know that 50 is a number? Well, lots of people freak out when that happens to coincide with their birthday. I rejoice! I've been fortunate to live for half a century. I've never once dreaded the BIG 5-0. My wonderful family put together a surprise party for me. It was PERFECT, except that some of my friends were not able to come...we missed you! (Hailey, Stacee, Emily, Tiffany, Chris & Heather and many more)

Drew & Emily Landis were the host home of the surprise. This picture is of an unhappy Rory Pascual & Drew.
Alyssa was the coordinator of the surprise party. She did Facebook invites, mailed invitations, then a FB reminder. She even got my mother-in-law to make my favorite coconut cake. She picked the cake up on Friday afternoon and hauled it around until Sunday. Carrie & Aaron helped Randy come up with the guest list.

I admit being suspicious when Drew called and invited us to stop by their house before we went to a concert. He remembered that we were going to concert at Cobb Energy Center. Our plan was to eat Chipotle before the concert, but Drew said they would feed us! You can see some of the great finger foods we enjoyed in this picture. That is Michael Muchnik (Spivey's husband) with Drew.
Two Kelli's are better than one!
Randy and my three oldest girls. Abby was our adopted student, and Carrie favors her so much. People often ask if they are sisters. It was great to see Abby & Joe. They left Lizzy & Joshua with the grandparents so they could enjoy some adult conversation.
Kelli & Janelle. Hadn't seen Janelle for several years. She is back in the Atlanta area.

My oldest boys, Joe & Drew. Joe and Abby won the long distance award. They live in Raleigh NC. They were visiting relatives in Atlanta area at just the right time!
Adam Greene & Randy. Adam brought his lovely wife Florence to the party. Great to see Adam.
We love Drew & Emily's house. Here's a view from the stairs. Kate is the photographer in most of these pictures. Michael & Matthew Muchnik, Sarah, Rory, and Adam's wife Florence enjoying some conversation.

My sweet Evie! It had been too long since I saw her.

Jonathan holding Rory, as Sarah looks on. Sarah didn't know many folks, but she fit right in & made some new friends!
Helen & Ryan were a part of the festivities. They live in Rome, but I have to come to Atlanta to see them.
Jonathan & Sarah's precious girl, Rory.
Kate loves her!
Here's the whole crew that came. The list that the kids made had about 70 former students on it. This party was perfect because it was all young people that have been a part of the Nobles family when they were in college. I have learned so much from the students in my life, and I was delighted that they would share my 50th birthday with me.
A few of the kids couldn't come but sent cards or their regrets. I got a head start on the party on Saturday when John, Amanda & baby Ava Alford were in Rome. They were visiting Michael & Kelly Smith and stopped in for some cookies. On Sunday our neighbors, Tracy & Robby Batchelor ate lunch with us after church. Of course, I didn't know about the party at this point - but they all did!

The reason we were ALL together on a Sunday afternoon was because we had tickets to a Straight No Chaser concert. They are an A Capella group that we love! We saw them in 2009, and I decided I wanted to go to their concert for my birthday. That is how the party plans started. We were going to be in the area, Drew & Emily were willing to host, and the rest is history!

After the concert we waited to meet the group of 10 guys we know as SNC. Aaron & I both follow all of them on Twitter, so we feel like we know them. After every concert they have a meet & greet. They sign autographs, and you can have your picture made with them. The group started at Indiana University in the mid 90's. They went professional after a YouTube video went viral a few years ago.

Aaron asked Walt, the music director of SNC, if they could sing Happy Birthday to me. The lady in front of us took the picture and emailed it to me!
This is Ryan & Dave from SNC.
Mike is my favorite voice in SNC. Shhh, don't tell Ryan.

I had a wonderful time at my party and the concert. Thanks to all those who came, and to my wonderful family for putting it all together. I could not think of a better way to celebrate than with my young friends!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 50th!
    I wish I could have been there! I had to work that day. :(

    ReplyDelete