This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Thursday, August 6, 2015

PVT - Thailand, part 2


I read all the blogs of P squad...every one of them.  I comment on many of them. This group of people on 3rd generation P squad have encouraged me over the past 7 months. They are willing to ask the hard questions, go to the hard places, love the unlovable, walk into the unknown and embrace life with their whole being.  They hear scripture in a new way, they listen to God with new ears and they pray with a renewed fervor and spirit.  

I knew going to join Alyssa and her squad at PVT would be a blessing, but I had never been off the continent of North America.  I was not excited about the long travel days and hours in the air.  I didn't know what to expect because I had never been immersed in another culture.  

After a few days in Thailand, I found that being away from the normalcy of America to be so refreshing.  I think that is what the World Racers experience as they move to different countries and cultures.  In the spirit of one of my favorite P squad blogger, Melissa Bjorklund, here are some things that stand out from my time in Thailand.

So many
smells
markets - everyone is selling something
smiles
motorcycles, scooters, songtaews, tuk tuks
temples
spirit houses with food offerings
animals roaming the streets
people outside - sitting, hanging laundry, eating, talking, working, walking
coffee shops


The people in Chiang Mai never seem to be in a hurry
The children don't throw temper tantrums or seem cranky

I loved hearing the new language and trying to communicate with people and the racers do it so well and with such ease.  I learned a lot about relationships watching P squad during my week at PVT.  

I learned
share your story
hear their story
let go of your desires and serve others
accept those that are different 

World Racers spend 11 months in 11 countries serving and loving others.  They are learning about relationships and in turn they have taught me so much through their examples. 

Thank you P squad for living out Colossians 3:1-17
(my paraphrasing)
  
Racers set their mind on things above and put aside worldly things and desires. 
The racers have compassion, they are kind, they are humble, they are gentle, they are patient, they forgive and accept others. They truly have an attitude of gratitude and do all for His glory.



Fresh Vegetables at the market

Fresh meat at the market






booth at one of the many night markets



A few P squad racers reunited on streets of Chiang Mai




2 comments:

  1. Not sure where my comment went so I will try again....thank you for birthing Alyssa. What a joy she is. And what a joy YOU are. So thankful to have met you at PVT. Your post here gave me goosebumps. Humbled that's how you saw us....that's how I see them. P squad is an overflowing blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you in Thailand, Mama Nobles! Thank you for the encouragement you are to P Squad, reading AND commenting on all of our blogs and sharing your perspective with us too.

    ReplyDelete