This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Saturday, June 15, 2013

Kitchen update

If you have been to my house, you know that I love to cook.  My kitchen is small. The technical term is galley kitchen.  Despite it's size I do OK to feed the multitudes that pass through my door. Without knocking out walls and spending even more money, I was not going to be able to make my kitchen larger.  But I did want to update it, and thus began the decisions.

I would never want to build a house, because there are so many choices. Flooring, cabinets, knobs, counter tops, paint colors, etc...With the opinions of Randy, the kids and neighbors I finally made all the choices needed to begin.

The best part of this remodel, was that we were at the beach!  We planned it so that we would be gone for a week.  That allowed the workers to make more progress, and I didn't have to look.


Old kitchen: painted cabinets, linoleum flooring circa 1994

New kitchen looks a bit different!


Willow Wind and Gentle Pasture make the kitchen warm and inviting!


There are details to finish, but the big portion of the job is done.  I'm enjoying my new kitchen, and happy to report that I purged a slew of kitchen gadgets that I hadn't used in years.

Randy is currently painting the laundry room (garbanzo bean...yellow), where we put tile in place of the linoleum. 

Come see us!

1 comment:

  1. This might be the summer of kitchen remodels:). We had new granite counter tops and another set of double ovens put in while we were at the beach! The Whitley's had their kitchen redone while they were at the beach, too!

    Your kitchen looks beautiful! I remember it from when it was even a smaller space.

    We purged and rearranged some things. I'll forget that I've changed stuff around when I'm cooking. It's pretty funny;)

    ReplyDelete