This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Thursday, April 28, 2011

Berry after the storm

I haven't been on campus since the storm tore through on Wednesday morning, but click here for pictures and video.

It's nothing compared to the destruction in Alabama, but for Berry alums and those who love the campus, it is sad. Rachel Stewart was student teaching, and off campus when the storm came through. She told me she cried when she drove back on campus. As of this morning they were still without power.

The students were only connected to the world via their cell phones, and many of those died because they couldn't recharge them. No internet, no class...I can't wait to hear the stories of how they passed their time.

Thanks to my Berry "kids" who called, texted, or emailed to check on the Nobles family. You can't imagine the excitement that my children get when they hear from you.

Our family is fine, not even limbs down in our yard! Unbelievable & such a blessing. I've been calling friends without power to offer them showers, laundry, and connection to the world.

Once again God is in control. I am thankful for His protection & provision through the storms.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that the Nobles are ok!! The pictures from Berry are so sad. All those beautiful trees!! The campus is going to look SO different after this.

    ReplyDelete