This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blessed are the Flexible

I do not like change, never have...but that doesn't fly when you wear all the hats that I wear. As a mom, I have learned flexibility is the key. As a teacher you have to adjust too. So, like it or not I adapt to most situations.

If you know me, you know I'm not a morning person. The only morning I cook breakfast food is Sunday, and feeds college students at church. I do cook on Christmas morning too! My kids know that mom will get up when it's time to get them to school. Randy makes sure they are up and going. They get their own breakfast (cereal, granola) and make their lunch. We do the usual prep the night before to minimize what has to be done in the morning. But, my goal is to stay in bed as long as possible!! With two in college, a high schooler and a middle schooler I don't have much to attend to now, but it has always been that way.

Kate has changed my morning routine. Two mornings a week I now get up at 5:25, and we leave at 5:35 to get to 5:45 swim practice! Kate swims til 7, then we come home grab her stuff and she heads to school by 7:30! WHY??? It's high school swim season, so they are swimming during her regular club time which is 4 - 6 pm. So her coach has morning practice Monday - Thursday. Kate has chosen to attend on Tuesday & Thursday. She also swims Friday afternoon, and sometimes Saturday morning.

This has been an adjustment, especially since it is SO dark! What do I do at 5:45 a.m.??? I go to Berry and walk. Occasionally I go to my office to take care of some paperwork or prep for Kindermusik. Kate swims a couple of miles, I walk a couple miles and we go to bed earlier!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, obviously not the optimal schedule, but I'm SO JEALOUS that I'm not there to walk at Berry with you. I bet that early morning is such a beautiful and peaceful time to walk! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete