This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!


This earth is not our home, but enjoy the journey!



Saturday, July 10, 2010

Surprises!

I'm not big on surprises, because I like to know what's going to happen BUT we had a wonderful surprise this week. On Tuesday I was finishing dinner when I heard a knock at the door. I saw a cute little girl on my front porch, she was obviously looking at our cat. I thought "that little girl looks like Kearston". When I went to the front door there stood Christy & TJ Dixon and 4 kids.
Let me give you the background. Christy was my student worker in Kindermusik, she babysat for me before Kate was born (and after), my older girls were in her wedding, and she is just a wonderful Christian friend. TJ dated Christy, and was a favorite at my house. All the kids loved TJ. and he was great with the kids. TJ did his student teaching with Randy. To hear him tell it, "it was soccer season, Randy gave me the grade book and I didn't see him for 16 weeks." Maybe some of you can relate!!!

TJ & Christy (her maiden name was Swafford) graduated from Berry in 2000. TJ teaches in the Atlanta area (Fulton County I think) and coaches several sports. Christy is a mom and runs her own Kindermusik program. They have 4 children, the youngest was born with some health issues and will have surgery in August. Through all their trials of raising 4 children they are faithful to the Lord and serving Him. Despite difficulties with Christy's health over the past several years they continue to praise God for all He has done. They have been an encouragement to me as I have witnessed their reliance on a sovereign God.

TJ, Christy, Trey, Kearston and our cat Charlie.


There were 2 other kids with them when they stopped...friends that had gone to Huntsville with them. They left their younger two girls with grandma. Why did they make an unannounced stop at the Nobles? The kids had to go to the bathroom!!!

We would love for Christy & TJ to return to Rome, and maybe God has that in their future. Of course we would love for all our college kids to come home to Rome!! But please stop by if you are in the area...even it's only because you need to make a pit stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment